The Instituto de Asuntos Culturales (ICA-Perú) is a self-sufficient Peruvian civil association with more than 30 years working in the formation of Leader-Facilitators of Community Self-Development, and organizing catalytic projects to demonstrate the effectiveness of this approach.
Our objective is to create a substantial network of self-developing communities utilizing sustainable methods which are focused on the real challenges they face:
- Participatory strategic planning to facilitate consensus
- Expansion of the local economy with Productive Networks
- Sustainable management of natural resources
- Adaptation to the impact of climate change
- Recovery and revaluing of cultural roots
Community self-development happens when you turn on and implement the initiative of a facilitation team, then extend that initiative to the entire community.
Committed people facilitate and demonstrate self-development through Productive Networks in order to create growth in their communities.